I love breakfast.
It's simply my favorite thing ever.
But as a parent it can be hard sometimes to get my breakfast in that doesn't involve grabbing Poptarts and a coffee as I run out the door. So I started messing around with a couple overnight oat recipes in the hopes that I make something that is not only healthy but tasty.
Protein Packed Choco PB Overnight Oats
prep time: 10 minutes "cook" time: 5-24 hours total time: 5-24 hours
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (more if you prefer it more liquidy)
- 1 Tbs vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbs peanut butter
- dash (or smattering) of cinnamon
- 1 scoop Level-1 Milk Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 medium banana cubed or mashed (optional)
- Mix milk, yogurt, and peanut butter in a mason jar (16oz or greater). There will be smears of the peanut butter remaining on the sides but that's fine.
- Pour in and mix the protein powder. It might take a little bit of work to break down the clumps.
- Pour in and mix the oats. At this point you can add the banana (or any other toppings).
- Place in refridgerator for 5-24 hours.